Saturday 13 February 2010

Dave

From: Alex Richards
To: UKTV (Sub: Dave)

Hi, I have a little query that I would appreciate an answer to. I was wondering if the TV channel 'Dave' is named in memorial of my late great friend Dave 'The rave' Robinson. Dave was a cracking bloke, and his best feature was actually his 'witty banter' whether it be about football, news or just people in general. He was a cracking snooker player and was a former racing driver; this may be why you show top gear a lot on Dave. I would greatly appreciate a response in the form of an email as my mate Donald convinced me that it was named after Dave the rave, and I want to see if he's lying again, just like when he claimed that he had Mariah Carey performing in his attic for his birthday. Thanking you in advance.

-----------------------------------------------------

From: UKTV
To: Alex Richards

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your email.

The channel is aimed at Men, so Red Bee media who handled the re-brand came up with the idea of naming it after a popular man's name 'Dave'. They wanted something that stood out and was quite humorous, just like the +1 channel Dave Ja Vu. The name is actually based on the idea that "everyone knows a bloke called Dave". I'm afraid we are aware of your friend Dave, but I'm sure he was a great man, just like all Daves, with their witty banter.

You may like to read some further information here:


Kind regards

The UKTV Team

uktv.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment