Saturday 13 February 2010

The company of animals

From: Alex Richards
To: The company of animals

Dear Company of animals,

My dog Trev is about 15 years old now, and for the past 4 months I have noticed a few behaviour changes that have concerned me.
To start, I have noticed a change in dress sense (I buy clothing for Trev), I usually take Trev shopping with me by passing him off as a guide dog, and when we're inside the store he usually barks at which dog clothing he likes. Before, he used to bark at dog polo shirts, dog shorts etc. general casualware. Now he tends to bark at leather dog hats and lycra catsuits...yes, catsuits! he's a dog!
My dog is a rather eccentric character, who used to befriend the other dogs in the neighbourhood; both male and female. But now, he only seems to be interested in befriending male dogs, like Tyson, the dog of the next door neighbour. Whenever I arrive home from my shift at Topman, I find him having his tea at Tyson's house, sometimes they even share a bowl.
Last week, I looked in his kennel, and was shocked to find layer upon layer of tasselled cushions and scented candles, like some sort of bachelor pad, how you can fit a bachelor pad in a 4ft x 3ft reinforced titanium kennel (call me Mr. Safety-obsessed!) I'll never know.
I was wondering if there is any way in which you could explain this behaviour pattern; maybe it's genetic, or maybe he has been influenced by watching me during one of my Sex and the city marathons, I don't know.
I would appreciate a reply greatly, as I am very concerned incase there is something seriously wrong with Trev.

Thanking you
A. Richards
----------------------------------------------
No Reply

No comments:

Post a Comment