Monday 12 April 2010

'The Door'

From: Alex Richards
To: ITV viewer services

Dear ITV,
I recently viewed your television entitled 'the door', starring Dean Gaffney, Louisa Lytton, Coronation Street’s Jennie McAlpine, Boyzone’s Keith Duffy, television presenter Michael Underwood and The Saturday’s singer Frankie Sandford. And although I'm thrilled that you've managed to convince these A-list celebrities to take a break from their ignited careers and take part in this show, I have some 'beef' with you.
Throughout the show I managed to get the jist of the show, and the importance of 'the door' in the structure of the show. But, I noticed around 15 minutes in, that there was in fact a second door; much different from the first door, it was a darker shade than the first door, yet the first door has the show centred around it, and named after it, the second door is not mentioned in the show name, or the synopsis. Maybe there is some subtle subconscious racism within this show? I don't know.
The addition of the second door confused me quite a lot, there's me thinking the show is about a door, when in fact, it's about doors. I'm sure I'm not the only one mentally displaced by this error on ITV's behalf. I'm sure the show would be better off named 'the doors'. But I know what you're thinking! Some people may be confused, and think it's about the late Jim Morrison's band. So I suggest you rename the show 'The doors; not the Jim Morrison band, but a show about going through doors'. Not only would this eliminate all confusion, but it would be increasingly enticing upon first glance.
A reply would be appreciated, as I have taken time out of my schedule to write to you.

Thanking You
A. Richards
---------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email regarding The Door.

I can confirm that your comments have been noted here at ITV Viewer Services.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV as we always welcome viewers’ feedback.

Regards

ITV VIEWER SERVICES - jh


---------------------------------------------

End Of Correspondence

No comments:

Post a Comment